Just downloaded Illustrator, Lasso tool will not work

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Illustrator, maybe I am an idiot, I don't know. I am going through the tutorials and am just simply trying to use the lasso tool. I am circling the part of the letter that I want to select as indicated by the tutorial and when i let go of the mouse after completing the circle, nothing happens. The circle goes away, there are no visible anchor points, I am zoomed in almost all the way, I have wathced videos and read things online and simply cannot get it to work. Again, I am a beginner, but nothing about this program seems imtuitive at all to this point. I have been trying to get this stupid lasso tool to work for close to an hour now and am about ready to throw my computer into traffic. Please help!

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a link to the tutorial and the step where you have the problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you created outlines from the text or is it still live text? If it is still live text, then you will only see one point at the beginning of the line of text and won't see it if you are zoomed way in.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear about this. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS & Illustrator? We'd also appreciate if you can share a small video of your workflow as it'll help us understand the concern and assist you accordingly.

Additionally, please check out this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/selecting-objects.html) to know how Lasso tool works.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines