Highlighted

Keep Artboard Names Visible

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I was just wondering if there is a setting that keeps the artboard names visible? Seems rather silly/redundant but I can't figure it out.

(I realize they are there in document setup + artboard panel, I am asking if the name can 'stick' to the board in all views)

Thanks for your help! 🙂 

Ayla

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by marliton | Adobe Community Professional

Hi. By the way, (is not exactly what you need, but...) a fast way to show/hide the Artboards name is using the shortcut for the Artboard tool: Shift + O. After checking the names you can use the shortcut of the tool that you want to use.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keep Artboard Names Visible

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I was just wondering if there is a setting that keeps the artboard names visible? Seems rather silly/redundant but I can't figure it out.

(I realize they are there in document setup + artboard panel, I am asking if the name can 'stick' to the board in all views)

Thanks for your help! 🙂 

Ayla

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by marliton | Adobe Community Professional

Hi. By the way, (is not exactly what you need, but...) a fast way to show/hide the Artboards name is using the shortcut for the Artboard tool: Shift + O. After checking the names you can use the shortcut of the tool that you want to use.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ayla,

I don't believe that there is any provision for that. You might post a feature request at https://illustrator.uservoice.com/ 

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, will do!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marlon Ceballos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 1
AY:LAB LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Marlon, that's a good tip; it's just time consuming (with heavier files) to keep switching back and forth and waiting for it to load.. yet, definitely a good shortcut to keep in mind 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Resources