Highlighted

Keep "More Options" visible at all times in properties window.

New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I find it extremely frustrating to keep having to press the 3 small dots to show "more options". These aren't more options, they're core functionality. There's so much wasted space anyways, so there must be a way to keep the menus expanded?

The options shown by defaultThe options shown by default

The "more options". Note that 4 of the 8 options are the same as the default, so you end up with only 8 of the 12 shown options being unique. Just show all 8.The "more options". Note that 4 of the 8 options are the same as the default, so you end up with only 8 of the 12 shown options being unique. Just show all 8.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Kurt_Gold | Adobe Community Professional

No, unfortunately that is not possible at the moment. You may want to do a feature request.

Also, I think the UI of the Properties palette is currently just a nightmare. And in the most current Illustrator version some completely superfluous scrollbars were introduced, so that even more things are just hidden by default.

Topics

Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keep "More Options" visible at all times in properties window.

New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I find it extremely frustrating to keep having to press the 3 small dots to show "more options". These aren't more options, they're core functionality. There's so much wasted space anyways, so there must be a way to keep the menus expanded?

The options shown by defaultThe options shown by default

The "more options". Note that 4 of the 8 options are the same as the default, so you end up with only 8 of the 12 shown options being unique. Just show all 8.The "more options". Note that 4 of the 8 options are the same as the default, so you end up with only 8 of the 12 shown options being unique. Just show all 8.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Kurt_Gold | Adobe Community Professional

No, unfortunately that is not possible at the moment. You may want to do a feature request.

Also, I think the UI of the Properties palette is currently just a nightmare. And in the most current Illustrator version some completely superfluous scrollbars were introduced, so that even more things are just hidden by default.

Topics

Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a big fan of the Properties panel. If Adobe's effort to make things easier for beginners, they've made it really difficults for these new users to get beyond the basics. You're far better off arranging the full featured panels into your own Workspace.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines