• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keeping copied objects after closing pattern maker

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to edit and  keep objects that I created while in pattern mode after I close it? For example,  I start out with 1 circle and 1 square, in pattern maker I copy the objects so I have 3 circles and 2 squares.

However, after I close the pattern maker tool I'm back to having 1 circle and 1square again. Is there a way to keep the changes I made once I close out the tool?

My second question is am I able to edit objects while in pattern mode? 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

In order to recolor patterns, what you could do is apply the pattern to some objekt and then use recolor art. It will create a copy of the pattern and then recolor it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy them while in the pattern editing mode.

Then finish your pattern and exit PEM.

Then paste.

Yes, you can edit objects in the PEM. Is there anything that didn't work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Monika. I wasn't able to recolor an object while in PEM. Is this possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In order to recolor patterns, what you could do is apply the pattern to some objekt and then use recolor art. It will create a copy of the pattern and then recolor it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines