Kerning Vectorized Text

Participant ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with a lot of outlined text and have an action that turns it to the transparent blue outlines you see in the image.  Where the blue overlaps in the top version are "pinch points".  I then manually adjust the line to the right until each pinch point is fixed without changing any other kerning or plugs like in the "a", "B" or "e", until the selection looks like the bottom line. I'd like to be able to select the line of text and run an Action or is there a Script out there that can help me limit the time suck?  

Kerning.PNG

Thank you for any and all help with this!!

TOPICS
How to, Scripting, Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot make an action for this as pinch points are more than a distribute by horizontal spacing. Certain pairs especially ke need more kern

MikeGondek_1-1623415599312.png

Can you reset the type in the font and use optical kerning? Krasbit recognition can convert outlined text to live text, but does nto know what font.

I can't think of a way to make snap to point help out on this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines