• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Key Modifier for 'Scale Strokes & Effects' / 'Scale Corners'?

Contributor ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any shortcut keys / key modifiers for these? I often need both of these toggled on and off again within the same project, and even using the Porperties panel to toggle on / off gets tedious.

TOPICS
Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

You can create (four) simple actions (use the options in the Transform palette) that enable or disable the options and assign keyboard shortcuts to the actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

press Ctrl+K to bring up the Preferences dialog, then check the two items shown

scaleStrokes.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to change these via settings / properties panel. What I'm asking is if there is a hotkey toggle, similar to holding shift while scaling objects to retain aspect ratio.

Within a given artboard, I may need scaling of strokes / effects on one asset, and then immediately need the opposite on the other. Same with scaling corners. Having to click around a bunch is just as tedious as having to go check a box to say you want to maintain aspect ratio when scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create (four) simple actions (use the options in the Transform palette) that enable or disable the options and assign keyboard shortcuts to the actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting nothing when recording the prefs panel, either by ctrl-k or via the Edit menu. Is there another step I need to take first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may work! Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Met,

you have to use the Transform palette to create the actions (as already mentioned).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the reply Kurt, but I'm still not understanding how the transform palette helps me record changes in the Prefs panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't record changes to the Preferences window, you'll record changes in the Properties panel. If that's not already visible go to Window > Properties. It'll show up on the right-side of Illustrator. Toward the bottom of that panel you will see 'Scale Corners' and 'Scale Strokes & Effects' check boxes.

All of this is to assume you already know how to record actions in Illustrator. If you don't, start by learning how to do that, and then follow the above.

I have not tried recording actions for this just yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fab, thanks, works, just wish Actions weren't restricted to F keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines