• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut for drag view

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've been using Illustrator for the past 20+ years and with the recent update I noticed i can no longer hold the spacebar as the supplementary shortcut for the hand tool (H). What's changed? It's a major irritation as having to continuously selecting the hand tool (or pressing H) instead of holding down the spacebar and drag with your cursor (and let go) to view across the canvas.

Can someone help please? hope I've described the issue correctly! Thanks in advanced 🙂

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to replicate the Hand tool spacebar problem. You could first try resetting preferences. Preferences > General and select the Reset Preferences checkbox. Then close and reopen Illustrator.

If that doesn't do it, you may need to uninstall/reinstall using the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you can always try to re-apply this shortcut to that task.
You can do this by going to : "Edit - Keyboard Shortcuts ann search for "Hand " in the tools menu 

AlexandreLuypaert_0-1610703084342.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which antivirus do you use?

Is there any screensharing app on your machine?

Does that also happen when you shut down the browser?

Some apps steal keypresses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines