• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts not working in Illustrator CC for Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a lot of problems using keyboard shortcuts in Illustrator CC for Mac. They'll will work intermittently. No keyboard issues anywhere else. Is this a bug, or something I can remedy on my end?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

@colling_s which mouse are you using?  is it the Apple magic mouse. maybe it starts to listen for keypresses to enable some additional features.

Not sure if it is the same issue as here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5221035?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Had that same issue for months. Using a 2022 Mac Studio, Monterey 12.6, CC2022.

Try quiting/restarting Safari.

Seems Safari is conflicting somehow. Hopefully there is an update soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 132 Replies 132
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a wired mouse and I am having the same intermittent problems with keyboard shortcuts in Illustrator CC 2018.

Is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

I am using a wired mouse and I am having the same intermittent problems with keyboard shortcuts in Illustrator CC 2018.

Is there a fix?

Nobody can help you in this ancient thread.

Please create a new thread, tell us your system configuration and version and what exactly is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same thing consistently with command-option-2 to unlock all in Illustrator. I kept hitting the keyboard and my items would fail to unlock & I'd think I'd gotten the combo wrong. Nope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Illustrator and Photoshop are suffering from this keyboard shortcut problems. It's driving me insane and slowing down my productivity. Is the only serious solution is to go back to an earlier version??

Is there anyone at Adobe listening and working on fixing these issues???

I have to start getting people here at Disney Studios in Burbank to start looking into using Affinity software, that might be a real solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Both Illustrator and Photoshop are suffering from this keyboard shortcut problems. It's driving me insane and slowing down my productivity. Is the only serious solution is to go back to an earlier version??"

Which version?

Which system?

And can you please describe the issues in detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running latest IOS and Illustrator and having same problems. Keyboard shortcuts work very sporadically. Super annoying and really slowing down my productivity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread was started in 2013 and 8 years later it's still open and we're still having the same problem?  Why am I not suprised. And... I know they weren't working before 2013 so it's actually been even longer than that.

Why can't we get simple keyboard shortcuts to work? 

And the 1 "correct answer" is not even an answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had that same issue for months. Using a 2022 Mac Studio, Monterey 12.6, CC2022.

Try quiting/restarting Safari.

Seems Safari is conflicting somehow. Hopefully there is an update soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines