• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

KHUx Character art style

Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I browsed the whole list of communities here and couldn't find one that seemed like a good place to post these sorts of questions. I apologize if this is not it.

I play a game called Kingdom Hearts Union X (prounounced "cross"). Ive searched for information on what type of art style the characters are drawn in. I find tones of adjectives, but no actuale style. You can see here what Im referring to. Does anyone know if there is a title for this art style?

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Those are rather simple shapes.

But where you might need some inspritation could techniques to draw hair or eyes. Thankfully there are some approaches.

For drawing legs and arms you could look into brushes. They have the potential to make this easier.

While the result looks not really good, the approach is OK.

https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-vector-hair-with-brushes-in-adobe-illustrator--cms-28886

(if you want just a flat look, you don't even need brushes, try the variable width

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manga has several substyles that I cannot tell apart. But that is the direction I would look at.

Are you searching for a tutorial on how to draw this yourself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya, I'm not a big gamer, but I really enjoy this game. Im a big fan of Anime and Manga, so I know exactly what you mean. Theres a lot of them. To answer your question, Yes. Although, I think it's more of a matter of observation than identifying the style "label". All the same, I figured it might help me get a base to start for reference tutorials or something. I'm working on a "3D" greeting box card and want to incorporate the style (I love my cricut ^_^)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are rather simple shapes.

But where you might need some inspritation could techniques to draw hair or eyes. Thankfully there are some approaches.

For drawing legs and arms you could look into brushes. They have the potential to make this easier.

While the result looks not really good, the approach is OK.

https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-vector-hair-with-brushes-in-adobe-illustrator--cms-2888...

(if you want just a flat look, you don't even need brushes, try the variable width stroke instead)

Some others.

https://design.tutsplus.com/articles/the-art-of-vectoring-hair--vector-5497

Faces

https://design.tutsplus.com/series/anime-and-manga-illustration--vector-12031

Tutsplus has some good stuff, although some of the tutorials use outdated workflows (not just the older ones unfortunately).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! You always have some creative feedback and suggestions. I still can't get over what you can do with the brush tool. PS is actually becoming a bit more foreign to me as I find myself always using Ai these days. Im okay with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Welcome to vector-country!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines