Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Knockout Detail not showing in PDF

Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I use knockout group a lot in my work. It all worked fine but lately when sending PDF's to clients the white 'knockout' no longer appears so is effectively deleted for example showing a plain moon rather then detail within it. Is there a quick fix to this? I'm not entirely sure why it stopped working. 

Many thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they use Acrobat to preview the file? Apple's Preview (and possibly other viewers) don't show knockout groups correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Likely not but they complain they can't see the detail and think I have sent dodgy files. I have started to explain that third party PDF viewers do not support transparency but I was wondering if there was a quick fix to save the back and forth emails. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could send them a flattened pdfx file that does not support transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines