Label for Conical Shape Container

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Label Design.ai 

Hello,

I'm trying to design a label for a conical shaped container. Somewhat succeeded by using the envelop tool.

But the results are not that satisfactory. Unable to attach .ai for reference - Use G Drive link. Kindly help

TOPICS
Draw and design, Tools, Type

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Most Valuable Participant , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021
Vishnu,   As far as I can make out, to get it right you can start out with a rectangular label (the full label) with about W = 24.27 cm and H = 4.69 cm. Hopefully you already have that.   And I believe you can get the right (un)distortion if you:   1) Scale the full original label by 88.6% (leave the height unchanged) corresponding to W = 21.5 cm (with the measures above), 2) Apply Effect>Warp>Arc with a Bend of 27.778%.  

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us what exactly you are having trouble with.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The objects get distorted and do not align with the shape of the container. Please go through the attached file. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vishnu,

One way is to use Effect>Warp>Arc.

If you state the measures of the present flat art including the label boundary along with the cone shape properties (angle between left and right side and distance from the tip (apex/vertex) of the conical shape (in most cases outside (the relevant part of) the container which is normally a truncated cone) up to the bottom or down to the top (depending on the direction of the cone (icecream or bottleneck)), I believe I can give you the directions to get the right undistortion. Instead of the distance from the tip you can also state the width/circumference at the top and bottom of the (relevant part of) the shape along with the height.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir,

A new pdf is attached for your reference. The keyline drawing is exported from Autodesk Powershape which is used to create the 3d  container model for machining. The attached drawing is in relative proportion. I have marked the details that I understood from your reply. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vishnu,

For some (or no good) reason I am unable to open the PDF.

Can you create a PNG in a suitable size (to see and read) and post it using the Insert Photos button at the top of the Reply box (the moonlit landscape icon next to the </> icon)?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir,

Various types of the same file are attached for your reference

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Artboard 1.png

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vishnu,

As far as I can make out, to get it right you can start out with a rectangular label (the full label) with about W = 24.27 cm and H = 4.69 cm. Hopefully you already have that.

And I believe you can get the right (un)distortion if you:

1) Scale the full original label by 88.6% (leave the height unchanged) corresponding to W = 21.5 cm (with the measures above),

2) Apply Effect>Warp>Arc with a Bend of 27.778%.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir,

Thank You for your support.

The above methods do a perfect job.

Though how do you come up with those numbers?

I have to work with different sized labels in the same way.

Also, an action with a hotkey is much appreciated. 

Artboard 1.png

Perhaps a plugin too !!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines