• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lack of Arabic language option in Creative Cloud Desktop App

New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I initially had an issue changing the orientation of Arabic text (I have already changed it to Middle Eastern & South Asian Single-Line Composer) on my Illustrator 2020 because it doesn't have a paragraph direction selection option in the paragraph panel. Some Arabic typefaces present well, whilst others will have correct orientation (text direction), but the letters won't connect. I found a community post from earlier this year that suggests re-installing Illustrator 2020 with a language setting change to "English يدعم العربية":https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustrator-cc-2020-arabic-text-direction/td-p/10938334?p...

I tried to implement this, but found no option to change to any kind of Arabic on the Creative Cloud desktop app - it simply doesn't exist. The specs on illustrator says "English and 18 more" under languages, but not one of them is Arabic, or العربية, let alone "English يدعم العربية".

How can I solve this problem? Is there an add-on I need to download that enables Arabic as a language setting option? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Your screenshot is from the web, while we were directing you to change the language from the Adobe CC desktop application.

Kindly go to this link, download Adobe CC application (shown here in the red box), and follow our instructions above.

AdobeCC-app.jpg

Can you tell us what is your Adobe subscription consist of, is it for all apps or for individual application?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I change the setting in the CC App to Arabic, I immediately get an Install button for Illustrator (and other apps).

arabic.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arabic support is very well available for Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and to some extent few other applications. Check this recent post for Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a cog in the top right toolbar to access preferences and change the language. I've looked everywhere, and tried everything. I've even tried looking at changing the operating language (at the bottom), and Arabic doesn't exist. I don't have a cog where I can access preferences to change the languageI don't have a cog where I can access preferences to change the language
Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 6.28.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot is from the web, while we were directing you to change the language from the Adobe CC desktop application.

Kindly go to this link, download Adobe CC application (shown here in the red box), and follow our instructions above.

AdobeCC-app.jpg

Can you tell us what is your Adobe subscription consist of, is it for all apps or for individual application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it - sorry about that. Thank you, Zaid.

I've downloaded the CC app, uninstalled my appplications, changed the language, and reinstalled them. I now have the direction selection option in the paragraph panel and other functions in Illustrator, but the letters for this particular typeface (and a few others) are still not connecting, so I'm going to assume the typeface itself is buggy. Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 4.26.24 PM.png

My adobe subscirption is for all apps. Thank you again for all of your help and patience with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

مرحبا يوسف

I'm glad you were able to change the language settings to Arabic Support. Now for the disjointed letters, just make sure to choose one of the Middle Eastern Composers when typing Arabic.

Middle-East-composers.jpg

Kindly check full Arabic settings here on the help page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

أهلين زيد
Thank you for your reply. The first thing I tried, prior to successfully downloading and changing the operating language on the CC app as per your instruction, was alternating between the Middle Eastern Line Composers, but it still doesn't affect the typeface.

I followed the instructions on the link you just posted for full Arabic settings, and didn't have to change anything really, but it's still disjointed. Like I mentioned in the previous message, I believe it's a buggy/faulty typeface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we know what is the font(s) names you're using, is it possible to share one of the faulty fonts for testing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the delayed reply, Zaid.

I can't seem to find the typeface folders on my computer to upload here. However, their names are 'Mishafi', 'Diwan Thuluth', 'Farisi', and 'Waseem'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I know Mis-hafi and Diwan will not work under any other environment but theirs. These couple of fonts were created by Diwan to work under Yaqout application.

You need to purchase fonts from the vendor only after checking with them that their fonts are compatible with Adobe CC applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

اخي الكريم زايد انا لدي خطوط كانت تعمل بشكل سليم في فوتوشوب اصدار 2019

بعد ان قمت بتثبيت الاصدار 2020 اصبحت بعض الخطوط تأتي على شكل مربعات

علما ان الخطوط التي بها المشكلة كثيرة وليست قليلة

وهذه بعض منها:

shamel

far tow light

جميع خطوط جراف

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

تأكد من ان تحمل اصدار داعم للعربية، فقد يحصل بعض الاحيان ان تقوم بالتحديث فينزل اصدار غير داعم للعربية

انا استعمل فوتوشوب الاصدار الاحدث ٢١.٢ وليست لدي مشكلة بالخطوط العربية ومن ضمنها خطوط جرافيست

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zaid, 

Im having the same issue. In your answer to Yousif, you mentioned that he should follow the above instructions. For some reason, I dont see the instructions. 

Can you please share them here again? 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Noor, Yousif had a couple of issues, can you clarify what is yous so I can assist.

The links within above posts explain steps to re-install another version of Illustrator with Arabic support, I was referring to these instructions… sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having an issue with arabic support on all my apps in the creative cloud.

I followed the instructions below I changed the language setting from my Adobe CC desktop application.

I chose English  with Arabic support.

Then i uninstalled and re-installed the softwares.

Yet When i explore more language options of the software, I still do not see arabic!

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @joan34259543vdru,

I understand that you're facing issues with Arabic support across your Creative Cloud apps. It's important to note that not all Adobe apps have full support for Arabic, and the availability of language options may vary. You can check under the available language version section for individual apps on their respective system requirements helpx articles (https://adobe.ly/47VUiVW).

To ensure proper Arabic support, you might want to consider installing the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) version of Illustrator, which includes full right-to-left language support and Arabic features. You can find more information and download instructions in the following link: Install Hebrew and Arabic versions of InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.

Also, ensure that you uninstall the apps that have already been installed before installing the Arabic version.

If you encounter any further challenges or have additional questions, please feel free to ask. I'm here to assist you.

Best,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines