• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Large File Sizes in Illustrator 2020

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Ai 2020 and I'm running the latest OS (Catalina 10.15.4). I noticed all my PDF and Ai files are abnormally large. I use the Blend mode and Glow effects, not a lot per document, but I typically use them in my drawings. I made a test document and applied the blend mode on one object using the Smooth Color option. I saved the document as a PDF and Ai and they're both 36MB (see attached). Before I updated to CC 2020 I used linked images, multiple blend modes and effects and be under well under 10MB. What's the deal?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you so much for reaching out and sharing the file. I will get this checked by our Product team. In the meantime could you please try the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/optimize-native-pdf-file-sizes.html

Let us know if that helps!

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I selected Reduce File Size in the PDF saving dialog. That helped, but I've never had to do that before. As long as it doesn't affect editing capabilities when I reopen the file in Ai then we should be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines