Highlighted

Larger file size in Illustrator 2020

New Here ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try and be consice. I'm expereincing larger ai file sizes than I am used too with CC 2020. I have been using Illustrator 15 years so I notice these things and it makes me itchy. My file is two artboards. It has layered PSD (come back to this) files in it along with vector elements. Its for print and has a few overprinting items. I would expect it to be approx 10mb max with compression on and PDF compatility off. The AI is coming out at 129mb! As an Illustrator PDF its 145mb and as an ai with PDF compatility ON, its 165mb.

I thought maybe layered images may be the issue? Relinked to flattened PSD. Resave. No differnce. It's almost as if the PDF compatility off file is holding on to some information that it doenst need. Anyone else found this? It's making saving files a pain.

Cheers

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Larger file size in Illustrator 2020

New Here ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try and be consice. I'm expereincing larger ai file sizes than I am used too with CC 2020. I have been using Illustrator 15 years so I notice these things and it makes me itchy. My file is two artboards. It has layered PSD (come back to this) files in it along with vector elements. Its for print and has a few overprinting items. I would expect it to be approx 10mb max with compression on and PDF compatility off. The AI is coming out at 129mb! As an Illustrator PDF its 145mb and as an ai with PDF compatility ON, its 165mb.

I thought maybe layered images may be the issue? Relinked to flattened PSD. Resave. No differnce. It's almost as if the PDF compatility off file is holding on to some information that it doenst need. Anyone else found this? It's making saving files a pain.

Cheers

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried doing a "Save As" and over writing the original? Are the files linked or embedded? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No embedded links. I've tried saving as, saving as an older version, copying into a new document. The biggest give away that somthing is up was that it didnt change size one flattened links were swapped out for layeded files. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0