• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laser Cutting: Could I Pay Someone to Convert Two Simple Images From PS to AI

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two very simple images that should take anyone with knowledge just a few minutes. May I post them?

Thank You.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are looking for someone doing it for ou then I would suggest you post this on places where freelancers look for work. These are different all around the globe.

If you need help doing it yourself in Illustrator, then this is the place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monica, hi. I would prefer to post the two images and just get some tips on how to format them in AI. It should be very simple.

I am taking these images and removing the extra lines in PS, then wanting to bring them over to AI for laser cutting. I do a lot of laser cutting with AI, so that is not an issue. The problem is setting lines thin enough for the cutter. They want the stroke to be .0001".

[img]https://i.imgur.com/S8AYs46.jpg[/img]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but I am very puzzled. I went to edit my previous post, immediately above, and I cannot find an Edit button. I've never seen this in a forum. What am I doing wrong?

Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hidden under "… More". I agree it's a poor design.

Do you only want the "guitar" pick shape or all the dimensional lines? If only the pic, I'll make a simple demo for you and you can do it yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Craighead:

Yeah, I clicked on "More" but nothing happened. I figured that's where it was. 

I've actually got three images total. Can you see one of these when I post them? I must tell you, I belong to dozens of forums and this has about the worst layout I've ever seen. How embarrassing that Adobe won't spell a few hundred bucks out of their multi-billions to use VBulletin or something. Geesh. 

If these images don't show, I'll just have to forget about it and go elsewhere. 

Thank You,.

sm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can just enter the stroke width.

Illustrator might show a wrong number in the interface, but it's set at the desired number.

Or do you get any issues with the laser cutting service or your own cutter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Scott5F8F  wrote:

"… I went to edit my previous post, immediately above, and I cannot find an Edit button … What am I doing wrong? …"

You cannot (yet) edit your posts.

This requires a certain number of posts. However, none of us helpers know the exact number.

It seems like a secret. Sorry
😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, what a shameful interface for Adobe to foist upon their tens of millions of users. Thanks a lot, Adobe Brass, for being so supportive of your millions of users that line your pockets with money. You sure are leading the industry in customer support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that this limitation has a simple cause. Obviously, this successfully prevents posts from being edited later (to add spam links or the like to posts).

New forum members cannot edit their posts. For more active members with a larger number of contributions, this "function" is automatically activated by the forum software. As I said - that's just a guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Sorry if I came off as overly snarky. I am a full-time English professor and I also run a very successful side business. My hair is always on fire, and every moment is precious.

Thanks to everyone for understanding,

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines