• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Illustrator update (25.1) holding on to closed files

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I have finished with a file and I close the file, I cannot Move or Delete that file since the latest update.

I'm receiving a

"This action can't be completed because the file is open in Illustrator"

message.

This also happens if I open a file and close immediately without making any changes....

My only work around is closing the whole application, move or delete the file, then reopen the application.

This is very frustrating and time consuming as I deal with a few hundred files/day.

Before the latest update, I could close the file (leaving the main application open" and do what i like with the files, Move/Delete etc

Has anyone else come across this ? or know how I can get this fixed ?

Any help would be massively appreciated.....

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance , Print and publish , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/import-cad-bug-with-version-25-1/m-p/11746053?page=1#M259...

Sould be a problem with update 25.1. I reinstalled update 25.0.1 and everything work again. I am happy that I am not the only one with this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I should have noted in my post that this is opening CAD files (DWG and DXF).

Approximately 100 Systems across a few global sites have all received the latest update, and are all showing the same issue. So yeah it does seem to be a problem with the update IMHO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Issue is still persisting on Versions 25.2.1 and 25.2.2

Having to close and reopen illustrator after every conversion from DWG/DXF to Adobe formats, so I can delete the DXF/DWG file.

Having to do this appox 30 times a day every day of the week...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you can imagine, this is fastly becoming very tedious...
I thought Adobe monitored these issues ??
I would have assumed this would be an easy fix as it was once fine then after an update was an issue.

Honestly can't see any benefit of Illustrator holding onto files after they've been closed, with the only remedy to fully close Illustrator and reopen it, just to release the files so they can be deleted or used in another software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines