}

function searchDir(dirList) {
for(var i=0; i< dirList.length; i++){
  $.write(i + "  ");

if(typeof(dirList.getFiles) == "function"){
   searchDir(dirList.getFiles("*"));
  }else{
   var tempPath = dirList.fsName;
   var tempName = tempPath.substring(tempPath.lastIndexOf('\\')+1, tempPath.length);
   var extension = tempName.substring(tempName.indexOf(".")+1, tempName.length);

if(extension == "ai"){
    var text = getObj(tempPath, tempName);
    var doc = app.documents.getByName(tempName);
    doc.close(SaveOptions.DONOTSAVECHANGES);
    outFile(text);
   }
  }
}
}

function getObj(filePath, fileName){
var fileObj = new File(filePath);
open(fileObj);
var doc = app.documents.getByName(fileName);

var text = fileName+"\t";

var center = null;
try{
  center = doc.layers['center'];
  var cLogo = center.layers['logo'];
  var centerObjCnt = cLogo.pageItems.length;
  if(centerObjCnt > 0){
   text += "Y"+"\t";
  }else{
   text += "N"+"\t";
  }
}catch(e){
  $.write("retry ");
  doc.close(SaveOptions.DONOTSAVECHANGES);
  return getObj(filePath, fileName);
}

text += "\r\n";
return text;
}

function outFile(text){
var outputPath = "C:/Check/layer.txt"
var writeFile = new File(outputPath);
writeFile.open("a");
writeFile.write(text);
writeFile.close();
}

main();

Open the file and locate it in the "center" layer,
Whether some object exists in the "logo" sublayer
It's a simple script

As a premise, they all have the same layer structure,

There are about 10 main layers and about 10 to 20 sub layers

Whether an object exists in it depends on that file.

If a layer can not be acquired, reopen it again
I am making a mechanism to retry.

It is due to the following error for abomination.

1346458189('PARM')

The following is the console log when actually executed.

Actually 2000 cases were executed, but since it is long, I will paste up to 100 minutes.

-----

0  1  2  3  4  retry 5  retry 6  7  retry retry retry retry retry retry 8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  retry retry 16  17  retry 18  retry 19  20  retry 21  retry 22  23  retry retry 24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  retry retry 35  36  retry retry 37  38  retry retry 39  40  retry 41  42  retry 43  44  retry retry retry retry 45  46  47  48  49  50  51  retry 52  53  retry retry 54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  retry 63  64  retry 65  66  67  68  69  70  retry retry retry 71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  retry 79  retry 80  retry 81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  retry 91  92  retry 93  94  95  retry 96  97  98  99  100  ...

-----

As you can see, an amazing number of "retries" are output.
I can not trust the illustrator if it is unstable so far
Is not there a good way to do it?

For example, put sleep processing in between ...

I executed it with CC2014 and CC2017, but the frequency was similar in both cases.

I recently felt the limits of the illustrator script ...

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

We have discovered that much of the unexplainable PARM errors often arise when a batch process is performed where a document closing command is used multiple times. In order to avoid this, I myself have resorted to doing batches by opening all of the files first and then processing. After processing, all files are closed one-by-one, and because this is the very end of the process there is no need to manipulate artwork at that point, so the error does not occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have discovered that much of the unexplainable PARM errors often arise when a batch process is performed where a document closing command is used multiple times. In order to avoid this, I myself have resorted to doing batches by opening all of the files first and then processing. After processing, all files are closed one-by-one, and because this is the very end of the process there is no need to manipulate artwork at that point, so the error does not occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you open all the files manually, V? Or do you pass in a directory path and then use getFiles and then run a loop on the resulting array with an app.open(file)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I have the script open all the files in one loop and process in next loop and close afterwards. If closing afterwards is not cutting it, using the menu command "quit" - as a last resort- will quit AI altogether and close every open document as part of that process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

::facepalm::

I've been hearing you say "open all the files first, then run the batch on the open files." for a long time now. and it never occurred to me to open the files with the script.. so i've just been going to the directory and using "open *.ai" in the CLI and then waiting until all the files are opened, then running the batch which processes and then saves/closes the file.

i have no rational explanation for why i never thought to open the files with the same script..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silly-V​

Does that mean that you often get strange when you doc.close()?
certainly feel like I am told ...
that I would like to try it, but in case of opening in advance,
I think at most 10 to 20 files are limitations ...

I would like to try various things based on that story.
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened hundred + files in advance before, I think it can handle over 20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too regularly open and process 50+ files with no problem (except the hangup at the end where illustrator is 'thinking' for a while.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no problem to open the file to some extent?

I personally thought that a memory shortage error would come out.

I thought whether it depends on PC performance.

Although we will return to the original story, closing the document seems to raise the probability of error occurrence,

Personally, I feel that there are more errors when accessing the sub-layer (the layer under the layer).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The errors seem to occur when you open a file, process it, then close a file. As long as you open all the files first, then process and close each one of the open files, you should get a greatly reduced number of errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silly-V​, williamadowling​

Certainly 50 cases were not problematic, and it was possible to execute without occurrence of an error at least once.
I appreciate your opinion.

I stopped closing every time and tried running it in about 1000 cases.

If you say why I care about the number of files,
There are about 3000 labels, but it is on that label
It is because we need to replace corporate logo all at once.

The result is a good news because the error did not occur indeed,
The illustrator became quite heavy from around 250 cases.

However, there was no exhaustion of memory as I thought,
Since there is also a problem of PC specifications, it is divided and executed, etc.
This story ends in this area.

I have been tormented by "1346458189 ('PARM')" error,
It seems that the possibility that it occurred also seems to have occurred also due to "doc.close ()" so far.
It seems likely to be worth reviewing the neighborhood.

Thank you best regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you successfully process 1000 files? How long did the process take?

Good that a workaround is satisfactory to your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for yesterday's 1000 runs, I eventually confirmed that it was working properly up to about 300, and stopped execution there.

After that, I ran it again at 1000 cases and confirmed what it is going on today.
I did not log the time, so I do not know when it stopped,
It stopped in 565 cases.
On the illustrator side, memory is insufficient and it can not be executed. And the error dialog was displayed and it was freezing.

Indeed it seems that if you open more than 500 files, the memory will run out of memory.
Considering the actual operation speed, it may be better to stop at about 200 cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is too bad, you would have to have a script that restarts Illustrator every 200 files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that it depends on the specifications of PC,

Considering the standard operating environment, I think that it is safe to stop at about 200 cases.

I regret that it is necessary to restart the illustrator every time ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder, if there's a way to simply keep it all in .jsx by using BridgeTalk to play the Illustrator scripts. Simply sending the BT message to Illustrator would start it up, and quitting it could be done in the result function at the end of BT message execution, or at the end of the actual message script. The area of concern for me is how synchronous is the quitting command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moluapple wrote a restart script some time ago. I think what you're saying is possible if the whole thing is driven by a program outside illustrator, ie ESTK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you think you can provide an actual script and actual 1000 files to test? I'd like to give it a shot at trying to figure out this PARM issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that the script itself can be used as it is, since the actual thing is almost the same as what is on the first place.
As for the file, since it is used in the business of the company
I can not bring it out to the outside ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines