Highlighted

Layer dimming not working. What am I doing wrong?

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fifteen years ago, the first thing I learned when I first opened Illustrator was to layer lock and turn it into a template. What changed?

I have two layers with different objects in each. I double click my bottom layer and choose: Template + Dim images to 50%.

Layer locks, but opacity stays the same. I'm on the latest AI. What's going on?

Topics

Bug, Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Layer dimming not working. What am I doing wrong?

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fifteen years ago, the first thing I learned when I first opened Illustrator was to layer lock and turn it into a template. What changed?

I have two layers with different objects in each. I double click my bottom layer and choose: Template + Dim images to 50%.

Layer locks, but opacity stays the same. I'm on the latest AI. What's going on?

Topics

Bug, Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the objects on the layer images? Because that's what that option dims, not regular drawing objects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a JPG.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot of the problem. Layers panel should be in it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines