• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer options is gone specially in children Layers made with earlier version of Illustrator

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to double-click over any layer to activate the layer option dialogue box. 

recently after updating to Illustrator 2021 the layers option is gone especially with files I have made with earlier Illustrator Version and on children layers only.

all layers I have made in an earlier version of Illustrator have colors that I couldn't change in the newer version of Illustrator.

This is what I got when double-click over any layer to change its color for example.

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

It looks like you are double-clicking a group item in the Layers palette, not a layer or sub layer item (technically speaking).

In that case the behaviour is just normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you are double-clicking a group item in the Layers palette, not a layer or sub layer item (technically speaking).

In that case the behaviour is just normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are right.

but the question is, how could I assign a color to a group/objects in a layer in an earlier Illustrator version?!

it is very weird for me I usually double click and get options to any object or group in a specific layer.

besides that .. when I assign a color in a layer it should assign either to all its children and this I not happening in my case. the group/object has its own assigned color I assigned previously in old Illustrator version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not remember any version of Illustrator that allowed assigning a colour to groups in the Layers palette. It used to be only possible with main layers or sub layers.

Which version of Illustrator do you think had that capability?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines