Highlighted

Layers and CC libraries windows disappear when anything selected on screen

New Here ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having an issue in Illustrator that when I select something on an artboard, or anywhere on screen - an image, text, whatever - the layers window disappears. Similarly, when I want to place an image in a CC Library, once I select the image to drag across the window disappears. I am still able to dump the image into the library, but I have to hover the image above the closed icon until it reopens.

As long as everything is still working then it is alright, but this is extremely frustrating and time consuming overall.

Thanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ares Hovhannesyan | Adobe Community Professional

Please check  if  "Auto-Show Hidden Panels is selected in Interface preferences." is off?

Hide or show all panels

• To hide or show all panels, including the toolbar and Control panel, press Tab.

• To hide or show all panels except the toolbar and Control panel, press Shift+Tab.

Tip: You can temporarily display hidden panels if Auto-Show Hidden Panels is selected in Interface preferences. It’s always on in Illustrator. Move the pointer to the edge of the application window (Windows®) or to the edge of the monitor (Mac OS®) and hover over the strip that appears.

Annotation 2020-05-31 171557.jpg

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Layers and CC libraries windows disappear when anything selected on screen

New Here ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having an issue in Illustrator that when I select something on an artboard, or anywhere on screen - an image, text, whatever - the layers window disappears. Similarly, when I want to place an image in a CC Library, once I select the image to drag across the window disappears. I am still able to dump the image into the library, but I have to hover the image above the closed icon until it reopens.

As long as everything is still working then it is alright, but this is extremely frustrating and time consuming overall.

Thanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ares Hovhannesyan | Adobe Community Professional

Please check  if  "Auto-Show Hidden Panels is selected in Interface preferences." is off?

Hide or show all panels

• To hide or show all panels, including the toolbar and Control panel, press Tab.

• To hide or show all panels except the toolbar and Control panel, press Shift+Tab.

Tip: You can temporarily display hidden panels if Auto-Show Hidden Panels is selected in Interface preferences. It’s always on in Illustrator. Move the pointer to the edge of the application window (Windows®) or to the edge of the monitor (Mac OS®) and hover over the strip that appears.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hide or show all panels

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2020 1