• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Leftovers in SVG code

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using illustrator to make interactive svgs. Recently, when I save a new svg, hyperlinks from an earlier version appear in the code. They're not that hard to remove, but it's a pain and seems to point to some malfunction in the progrma. How can I stop that from happening? I thought it might be corruption in some kind of cache, but can't find a way to check on that or remove the old code.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are importing an old SVG, then making some edits and then exporting that SVG from Illustrator? And the code is still in it?

Which version, which system, exactly how are you exporting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it happens then, too, but no, this is happening with new SVGs as well.

Illustrator 2019/Mac

I'm saving as an svg, not exporting. It happens whether I link to the image or embed it in the svg.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting as SVG is a newer method and produces much cleaner code. It should be used instead of the older Save As SVG which produces more bloated code. Try exporting and see what happens.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please give us exact steps and descriptions of what you are doing? And then what is happening?

Nobody can look on your screen or inside your head. So you have to describe.

And please can you show something? Screenshots, code, the SVGs themselves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines