Highlighted

Lens Flare - Save with Alpha Background (Png File)

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a lens flare eps/ai file with some flares, I need to save these flare with transparent background/alpha zero background with png format, so that I can use these flares in my games. When I tried to save the flares, it got black background, which I don't need. Is there any direct settings so that I can save flares with transparent background?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

That won't work, because those flares actually have these fills. The blend mode applied to the flares makes their fill color invisible when they are overlaid on filled/stroked objects. But they will get visible when there's nothing below them.

Topics

How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lens Flare - Save with Alpha Background (Png File)

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a lens flare eps/ai file with some flares, I need to save these flare with transparent background/alpha zero background with png format, so that I can use these flares in my games. When I tried to save the flares, it got black background, which I don't need. Is there any direct settings so that I can save flares with transparent background?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

That won't work, because those flares actually have these fills. The blend mode applied to the flares makes their fill color invisible when they are overlaid on filled/stroked objects. But they will get visible when there's nothing below them.

Topics

How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines