Libraries panel contents suddenly shrinks

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Illustrator version 25.0 on MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina. Suddenly everything in the Libraries panel shrinks (first screenshot), and I can't do much with it it. If I close and reopen Illustrator, it goes back to normal (second screenshot). This has happened a few times to me. Any idea how to keep this from happening?

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 12.23.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-24 at 12.36.34 PM.png

Community Beginner
Correct answer by Kim-WB | Community Beginner

Thanks for your response. It was not a specific file. If it happens again, I will try turning off the GPU Performance. I did have some computer updates after my initial post. So if I'm lucky, that solves it all, and it won't happen anymore.

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Libraries panel contents suddenly shrinks

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Illustrator version 25.0 on MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina. Suddenly everything in the Libraries panel shrinks (first screenshot), and I can't do much with it it. If I close and reopen Illustrator, it goes back to normal (second screenshot). This has happened a few times to me. Any idea how to keep this from happening?

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 12.23.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-24 at 12.36.34 PM.png

Community Beginner
Correct answer by Kim-WB | Community Beginner

Thanks for your response. It was not a specific file. If it happens again, I will try turning off the GPU Performance. I did have some computer updates after my initial post. So if I'm lucky, that solves it all, and it won't happen anymore.

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your preferences..?

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that's the go to thing, and I had done that previously. Just not this last time it happened.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Does it happen with a specific file or all? You may also try turning off GPU Performance under Preferences > Performance and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am actually havint the same issue, except the libraries window gets huge and i cant click on anything...Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 11.49.35 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2021 0
Kim-WB LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had any more issues with mine lately with the shrinking. I believe I had the enlarging thing too once or twice back then. Resetting preferences didn't solve it for me. I had some computer updates around that time. I think that may be what solved it. I believe I also tried turnining on and/or off the GPU acceleration.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2021 0
Resources