Highlighted

line segment tool greyed out

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a template and I am editing it. However, I want to create some straight lines on the document and the line segment tool greyed out? Any idea why this is or how to correct it?

Topics

Draw and design, Performance, Print and publish, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

line segment tool greyed out

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a template and I am editing it. However, I want to create some straight lines on the document and the line segment tool greyed out? Any idea why this is or how to correct it?

Topics

Draw and design, Performance, Print and publish, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Pen tool?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose you clicked on the 3 dots in the tool panel?

Don't do that unless you want to configure the tool panel itself.

If you need more tools go to Window > Tools > Advanced

You can just exit the configuration mode and use the line segment tool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't produce a situation in which the line segment tool is disabled ('grayed out'). Even when there's a dialog open and all the tools are unavailable, they don't "gray out".

It sounds more to me like something else has stolen focus from Illustrator, or you need to reset preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines