• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lines appearing around border of exported .PNG files.

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing an issue when I export Illustrator files to .PNG files. There are random black lines around some of the borders of the .PNGs. Sometimes, I cannot see them but my client sees them on a Windows OS. I am running Mojave 10.14.6 - Illustrator 2021 25.3.1. I've tried udjusting the artboards and creating new artboards but get the same results. I am attaching a file showing what my client sees. Thanks in advance for suggesions.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi if you want to remove this simple way is open the png file in photoshop then use eraser tool and save it again as png...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny thing is I do not see the lines in my files. They are appearing when the client views them on a Windows computer. So I do not see them in Photoshop - even if I move the art around on the canvas. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see these lines yourself in the exported PNG if you open them in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see them when I open the files in Photoshop. I've moved the image around on the canvas and still do not see them. It appears to be random too - some of the PNG files have the lines and some do not even though I am exporting artboards from the same file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What software is the clent viewing them in? Does anything else happen between you exporting them and sending them to the client?

If they don't exist in Photoshop, I'd be inclined to think they don't exist in the file and something is happenning at the client end/in their viewing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines