Linked file opacity doesn't work

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Not sure why but linked ai file in other document opacity doesn't work correctly. I have fill object with 22 % opacity but placed in other document I have different results. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Snímek obrazovky (5).pngSnímek obrazovky (7).png

Also I don't understand why ai files are so huge when I placed one LINKED rastered file and saving and opening takes ages. Why it's not linked simply like INDD? 50 MB file Ai is processing project like some heavy producting graphics on 8 core PC.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indd is linking Ai file correctly. Adobe is flustrating me again.

Snímek obrazovky (8)_LI.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what did you save exactly how and then how did you place it?

Do you view it in overprint preview?

Canyou please give us step by step instructions of how to reproduce that case?

About the file size:

Does it get smaller when you save with PDF compatibility turned off?

Please watch this about Illustrator files: https://youtu.be/IpDh8Y7q8yE:

Illustrator has a special way of saving native files. You should know this in order to be able to set the correct options and to recover some of your artwork...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Monika,

I am saving file like this:

Snímek obrazovky 2020-11-24 082326.png

So you think why is saving so long because of PDF compatibility? I try to save it next without it and will see. 🙂 

But if I save it without PDF support, I can't place it in other document. Is there other way how to keep one source in case of changes?

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the actual files concerned, I'm afraid the transparency issue cannot be solved.

As for the PDF issue: yes, you need PDF when you place the artwork in other files. What you could do, is only turn it on when you're finished with the file.

Where do you save your files? On a network?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines