Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Live Corners will not activate

Enthusiast ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Version 22.1, Mac)

Live Corner feature will not activate. I drew a shape with the pen tool, then used the direct selection tool but no Live Corners activate. I went to View-Show Corner Widget, still no Live Corners.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Ah, I just found out why. Pilot error. I misunderstood the manual. You must first select the corner point with the Direct Selection tool, in order for the Live Corner handle to appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they activating if you use a shape tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I just found out why. Pilot error. I misunderstood the manual. You must first select the corner point with the Direct Selection tool, in order for the Live Corner handle to appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For shapes drawn with a drawing tool, like the pen tool, Live Corner Widgets will only show up when you click on a straight corner point with the Direct Selection tool. They don't show up for curved (smooth) points drawn with the pen tool. They will also appear for the corners of a rectangle drawn with the rounded rectangle tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for the replies and feedback, really appreciate it.

I have been using the Adobe Illustrator for Beginners /Free Course, and doig the exercises.

I was trying to bring in 2 Active Corners, which was supposed to be: Click on one corner, then use Shift, and then click on the other corner and drag in. I did that, but it was bringing in ALL 4 corners.

What worked: Click on one corner, press Shift, and then click on the second corner TWICE, and then drag.

All good.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines