Highlighted

Live Paint bucket is blocked

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So since the people that work for this company on the customer help level are arrogant, rude and can't even speak english. All they seem to do is in know how to hangup on people. My paint bucket is blocked with an circle and X in it. I can't get it to work. I'm so lost and i need it unlocked for a class. 

TOPICS
Activation billing and install, How to, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Live Paint bucket is blocked

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So since the people that work for this company on the customer help level are arrogant, rude and can't even speak english. All they seem to do is in know how to hangup on people. My paint bucket is blocked with an circle and X in it. I can't get it to work. I'm so lost and i need it unlocked for a class. 

TOPICS
Activation billing and install, How to, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Layer you are trying to use the paintbucket on possibly locked?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what happens! so I don't know 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot of just that icon doesn't help *at all* to solve your issue.

If the layer is locked can be checked in the layers panel.

And you should be able to tell us if you have selected something before using the bucket.

It will also help tremendously if you could show us what is selected and what is in your layers panel.

The people running Adobe are 90% not in this forum. You are talking to fellow users here who are trying their bet to help you, but can't because lack of information.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't screen shot my computer I tried that so i could show so this is the button that i see. i'm not illiterate when it comes to technology. However I can't figure this out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you don't have anything selected on your artboard? No artwork you want to use the tool on?

Please read the manual on how to use the tool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't know how to screen shot your computer? Can we help you with that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 0
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you select an object?

Did you check the help file? https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/live-paint-groups.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that would be nice but my problem isn't listed and let's be honest. The people that run adobe are NO help. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The help file does not have a list of problems, but explains you how to use Live Paint.

Did you select an object?

And please don't take pictures of your screen, but use the screenshot function of your computer;

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/windows.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see comment above

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kielly,

And please keep using the Insert Photo button, and avoid attaching files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be a couple of reasons why the Live Paint bucket cursor shows this "I-am-not-able-to-work"-Sign.

For example:

- Nothing is selected (as already mentioned).

- Raster objects are selected (Live Paint cannot process them).

- Live Type objects are selected (Live Paint cannot process them).

- Gradient meshes are selected (Live Paint cannot process them).

- Clipping paths (masks) are selected. (Live Paint cannot process them).

And so on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kielly, I remember a time, more than a decade ago, where it was impossible to ask this question because "Paint Bucket" was taken out by the nanny filter.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0