• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lock (and select) not working with clipping masks

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having reent trouple with illustrator. When I lock some layers and ettempt to select a layer on the art board either i can't select the object or i select the clipping mask and other objects. I am using on Windows,  wacom tablet and all updates have been run.

chrisn50837302_0-1605656229516.png

as you can see i was able to select all the layers (even the locked ones) and distort.

chrisn50837302_2-1605656410148.png

you can see select an unlock is off  (altough it does the same thing with it on)

and if i select in the layer palette it works as expected 

chrisn50837302_3-1605656492312.png

this is a sample file...in a file with huindreds of layers this is making it impossible to work. Please help.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing in the more button?

chrisn50837302_0-1606243552174.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try and in Preferences > Selections &anchor display uncheck the option that enables selection of locked objects. Does that work?

When selecting via the layers panel it will still be possible to select locked paths when there are unlocked paths on the same layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no it wont lock either way, can you reproduce the problem?

im trying to select on the art board not through the layers palette. The bug appeared when i was trying to select only one group of objects withing 100's of sublayers, after painstakingingly locking each sub layer i tried to move the one unlocked layer and everything moved. I can only move it with arrows not with the pen, pen will select all layers locked or unlocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines