Highlighted

Lock Selected Object Shortcut (⌘2) Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a strange one.
I don't recall when this started (about 2 weeks back) but the default keyboard shortcut for "Lock Selected Object(s)" stopped working. Using the dropdown menu works and will lock the object (the shortcut is even still listed there in the menu.) 

Here's where things get weird.

- If I replace the default with a custom shortcut like ⌘3, it works! 
- If I try to edit the shorcut back to ⌘2 it won't let me. It simply won't register the specifc combination of ⌘2. Won't even say there's a conflict.

Things I've tried:

Updated to 24.1.3 with the hope that it would get sorted out but the problem is still there.
Tried two different keyboards

Reset Keyboard Shortcuts

Thanks for reading. Any help is welcome. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Charu Rajput | Adobe Community Professional

Hi,

Well I have not experienced this issue till now. Did you try resetting Illustrator prefernces. You can reset instructions from the following thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-reset-illustrator-preferences/td-p/10602277?page=1

Before resetting the prefernces, you can take backup of current prefernces.

Let us know if this works for you.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lock Selected Object Shortcut (⌘2) Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a strange one.
I don't recall when this started (about 2 weeks back) but the default keyboard shortcut for "Lock Selected Object(s)" stopped working. Using the dropdown menu works and will lock the object (the shortcut is even still listed there in the menu.) 

Here's where things get weird.

- If I replace the default with a custom shortcut like ⌘3, it works! 
- If I try to edit the shorcut back to ⌘2 it won't let me. It simply won't register the specifc combination of ⌘2. Won't even say there's a conflict.

Things I've tried:

Updated to 24.1.3 with the hope that it would get sorted out but the problem is still there.
Tried two different keyboards

Reset Keyboard Shortcuts

Thanks for reading. Any help is welcome. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Charu Rajput | Adobe Community Professional

Hi,

Well I have not experienced this issue till now. Did you try resetting Illustrator prefernces. You can reset instructions from the following thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-reset-illustrator-preferences/td-p/10602277?page=1

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Best regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charu – 

Resetting preferences and restarting machine sorted it out. It was confounding me since I had upgraded to the most recent version of illustrator but the problem still lingered. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

May be I am mis understanding while reading your reply, but it appears to be contradictory to me.

Just to confirm is your problem resolved or still exists?

Best regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0