Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to divide a rounded/irregular shape into two equal areas

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have a question about how to divide a shape into two equal areas. The divided shapes are not the same shape.

I want to divide them with a specific angle path. The polygon is a rounded shape.  Area A must equal Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 4.41.50 PM.pngArea B. Which tool is most accurate?  Please tell me step by step as I am not familiar with adobe software. Thank you so much for your help!  Much appreciate! Which tool is most accurate?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Elston,

You can, temporarily switching to stroke/nofill to see what you are doing, and Smart Guides being your friends:

First you need the centre of the rounded pentagon.

0) If it is a live shape, you can just Show Center in the Attributes palette and see it.

Otherwise you can:

1) Select the shape and Ctrl/Cmd+C+F to create a copy in front;

Then

2a) Object>Path>Average (with the default Both); this will give the true centre (as a blob with an Anchor Point at the centre unless the roundin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elston,

You can, temporarily switching to stroke/nofill to see what you are doing, and Smart Guides being your friends:

First you need the centre of the rounded pentagon.

0) If it is a live shape, you can just Show Center in the Attributes palette and see it.

Otherwise you can:

1) Select the shape and Ctrl/Cmd+C+F to create a copy in front;

Then

2a) Object>Path>Average (with the default Both); this will give the true centre (as a blob with an Anchor Point at the centre unless the rounding is live/effect);

Or

2b) Use the Circumcircle script (by 佐藤浩之, Satō Hiroyuki) see link below, then Show Center in the Attributes palette;

Or

2c) Do it some other way.

Then you can just ClickDrag the line (reduce the Stroke Weight) by (close to) its midpoint to snap to the centre determined above and Object>Path>Divide Objects Below.

http://shspage.com/aijs/en/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have a question about how to divide a shape into two equal areas. The divided shapes are not the same shape.

I want to divide them with a specific angle path. The polygon is a rounded shape.  The area A must equal to Area B. Thank you so much for your help!  Much appreciate!Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 4.41.50 PM.png

[ locked by moderator (double post) ]

see: How to divide a rounded/irregular shape into two equal areas 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Adobe application are you using so that this can be moved to the proper forum for help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI I guess.Thank a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Elston, everyone,

Please continue over here, where a first answer has been posted:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-divide-a-rounded-irregular-shape-into-two-equal-ar...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines