Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locking Adobe Illustrator AI File

Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting to share an adobe illustrator ai file with someone, so they can export various sized pdf files from it. However, I am wanting the file to be locked, so nothing can be edited. Is there a way to lock an ai file? I know I can lock objects, but how can I guarantee they will not edit the logo I am sending? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Make a contract.

You can't lock vector files.

PDF locks can be disabled within seconds. And if the file is going to print, locking the PDF would qualify it as invalid and not printable by the preflight procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colrtheworld,

The long answer is trust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do various types of locking with PDFs themselves in Acrobat, but not an AI file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make a contract.

You can't lock vector files.

PDF locks can be disabled within seconds. And if the file is going to print, locking the PDF would qualify it as invalid and not printable by the preflight procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines