• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locking Gradients

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to lock a gradient within a shape so that when I expand the shape the gradient stays in place. I have had this issue for as long as I can remember. The only way I can get around this is to copy and mirror the shape next to it and create a clipping mask of the shape that I want. Locking a gradient in place would save me a lot of time.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Things seem to be working ok my end, which version of Illustrator are you using?

Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 13.23.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have misunderstood your problem, can you post up a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry. Not that kind of expand. I mean changing the shape of the object and having the gradient stay where it was originally and not move. I attached a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid, there is no way to fix it: you set the gradient relative to the shape's edges. So, when you change the shape, you move the starting and ending points of the gradient. If you need the gradient to be set before the shape changes, I would add the guides to fix the start and endpoints of the gradient relative to the artboard (and current shape's position), and correct them after all other actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I know that there is no way to fix it. Which is why I taged the post it as "feature request".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK 🙂
Then I would suggest adding this request here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines