• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Long time away from Illustrator and now all my paths are being automatically "corrected?"

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for this very simple question but I am so frustrated. To give some background, I started using Illustrator back when Illustrator 7 came out. Soon after I got work at a newspaper company doing layout and design. I did that as a living for several years and was very proficient in doing basic illustrations and using the program. But its been at least 5 or more years since I used the program and when I come back now I find that the normal path tool seems to have changed. It seems like its snapping to some type of curve correction but I cant seem to get it off. Its automatically correcting or smoothing out my paths but I have snap to grid pixel and every other form of snap turned off. I dont want it to correct and angle my curved paths for me. I have no issue creating accurate and precise paths and this fucntion is throwing off my ability to use the program in the way I know how. This is driving me insane and I may be out of the loop but I dont know what changed or what its called or how to fix it other than disabling snap features. Please help, sorry to ask such a simple question but I cant seem to figure it out and dont have time to deal with this right now.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the Pen tool or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

while using the pen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Curvature tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im just drawing curved paths using the pen tool and its acting as if its automatically snapping the curve to a projected angle rather than letting me do it how it was in the older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show that behaviour in a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And all the snapping is turned off in the View menu?

Are smart guides turned off as well?

How far are you zoomed in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you really have disabled all options?

align_to_pixel_grid.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines