• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for a script/action/plugin to help with workflow issue. Label Printing Design

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here is the project...

I have a mass production label printer and mass production label cutter (basically a fancy vinyl plotter)

We have thousands of different label designs, around 10 different label sizes, and each design needs to be placed into the corresponding label size template (that includes a registration mark for our cutter to recognize and make the cut line.)

Obviously for each order that comes in, we can place the PDF that we already have designed, into the template, and save as the print/cut file.. But that would take weeks of work.

Does anyone know a good action, script, plugin that does the following -

Lets me take a folder that has PDF files, place the PDF in our template, save as a specific file name in a specific location on our server. (I know it is alot to ask) But someone has to have developed something that would help out here.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish , Scripting , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a very common type of need and the good news is that it can be solved with just scripting.

Either someone will do such work for a price, or maybe our users can band together and do something - in either case it would be necessary to provide some typical files, especially the template file so that we can know what to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines