• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for a Script/Plugin developer for Adobe illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are looking for an expert in adobe scripting/Javascript for custom script development for adobe illustrator.

We produce stickers and have a lots of different sticker outlines (based on lots of models) that we need to cut in a single job. Currently we select and move each artwork as required from some master files into a single file into a boundary that represents the cutting area (usually 48" or 24"). All the artworks are bounded by their individual rectangular boxes as a group as you can see in the video. A sample video of the process is on the link https://www.loom.com/share/88f08ceffb9042c4b69b2710c5b1caeb this is just a sample we recorded using only 2 master files.

So we plan to automate this whole process of artwork selection and copying into the cutting file using an input excel file and scripting.

The script/plugin will read an input excel file for the artwork names and then pull all the required artworks and number of copies from some master files and dump everything into a single file in adobe illustrator .ai format.

TOPICS
Import and export , Scripting , SDK , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

@Inventsable wrote: "… since the forums don't always allow contact information in threads …"

That's correct. For security reasons not in the threads. But fell free to contact via PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the mean time, you can have the master files as individually numbered files (there will be a lot), but then you can just grab all the files easier and drag them into an existing document all at once just by selecting the proper files you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. We did try exporting the individual layers into PDF files but not sure how we can select and grab them into one single file as required? The only option I see is the 'Place'option but that puts all the selected files as linked files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another way might be to drag the files into a document, you'd probably have the same situation of them being linked, but you can just select them all and press the embed button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm a script and panel developer who has made over 100 extensions for Illustrator. This seems very do-able and you can feel free to contact me via the email shown on my Github (since the forums don't always allow contact information in threads), I currently do my dream job of freelancing Adobe dev for custom solutions exactly the one needed here. Feel free to contact me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Inventsable wrote: "… since the forums don't always allow contact information in threads …"

That's correct. For security reasons not in the threads. But fell free to contact via PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines