Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File missing after Illustrator update on macOS Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

I've just updated the the most recent Illustrator and one of my recent .AI files has completely disappeared. 

An earlier version of the file is visible and for a moment I thought I must have somehow had two tabs of the same project open and then somehow saved the earlier version OVER the recent version however the file date data reveals the earlier file hadn't bee saved since half a week ago. 

A quick google search reveals that others have lost files after updates, any suggestions?

I have tried rebooting the app in hopes that it re-appears as a recovered file but no luck. 

I have search Bin but nothing in there. 

The rest of my files seem okay in the same work folder. 

I'm on MBP Big Sur with CC with the most recent Illustrator and I'm pretty sure the previous version was the most recent update before that. One thing I did do differently was select the option for CC to delete previous versions which I didn't normally do in the past. 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the delayed response. I hope that you have found the file. If not, kindly visit this link

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/crash-file-data-recovery.html and try the suggested solutions to recover a file. 

I would recommend you try saving the files as a cloud document. By doing that, you will have access files on the go, autosave files to the cloud and track version history. To know more about how to create and save Illustrator cloud documents, visit this link https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/cloud-documents.html. I hope this helps. If you need any assistance in future, do reach out. 

Thanks & Regards, 
Anshul Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines