• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost my palettes?

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I recently went to hop into Illustrator for somethign and for some reason, ALL of my toolbars and palettes have disappeared - including tool and control bar. I use Ai pretty much all day every day, and was just in it maybe an hour before. I tried reclicking my workspace (a custom one) and nothing. Tried resettign it - nothing. tried going to a different workspace - nothing. Tried hitting F to cycle through the different window types, hitting Tab to hide, replace palettes, tried restarting app, then full computer - all nothing. It will let me manually pop open the palettes and reset them all but since my saved one is not working I have to do it all from memory. Can't figure out what happened here. My keyboard shortcuts seem to be there, so it doesn't seem to be all preferences. My next move is probably going to be reinstalling Illustrator. Not even sure if that will work. has anyone had this happen? Don't know if it's a bug or something I accidentally hit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Did you already try resetting the preferences? This will kill all your settings. Try and rename the folder:  https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry - should have added - i'm on a PC, and have seen other posts on similar things but all seem to say to hit reset workspace, which i've tried and nothing happens. Not sure if i go to the extent of rebuilding my workspace if it will even save, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you already try resetting the preferences? This will kill all your settings. Try and rename the folder:  https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines