• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low Poly Design with line in middle

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a low poly design. First, I created one half of a wolves head, then copied it and tried to put it together. For some reason, there is a line in between the two even though I'm pretty sure the line is completely vertical.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

If it appears/disappears when zooming, it is an anti-aliasing artefect.

It may/may not print on a desktop printer and it will probably disappear when rasterized at high resolution or exported as an image with Art Optimized ant-aliasing.

You can try that with Effect > Rasterize to the grouped objects (an effect can be turned on and off and is non destructive).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

117186783_1059412817790306_3336839160380023360_n.jpg117275031_607644550128945_3883069964235405838_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does switching to View > Preview on CPU make a difference?

(sreendumps are better than photo's: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not 😞 It looks exactly the same.

WolfLover46_0-1597080976565.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I eventually got it. I don't know why, but the image was not snapping at the right point which made that line appear. Thank you for trying to help! I really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, maybe I didn't get it. Lol. There is still a defined line between the two pieces when zoomed in.. and now it won't let me take a screenshot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it. Here is the zoomed out, and zoomed in photos.

WolfLover46_0-1597082315237.png

WolfLover46_1-1597082361901.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it appears/disappears when zooming, it is an anti-aliasing artefect.

It may/may not print on a desktop printer and it will probably disappear when rasterized at high resolution or exported as an image with Art Optimized ant-aliasing.

You can try that with Effect > Rasterize to the grouped objects (an effect can be turned on and off and is non destructive).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Huh. I'll have to play around with that a bit. With the way the image is now, rasterizing the grouped objects actually made the line appear zoomed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines