• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lying technical chat support

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted support because I needed to install a previous version of Illustrator for a plugin to work. The online guide showed me how to do it but the option just wasn't there in my CC desktop app. I got in touch with chat and was connected to technical support.

The guy immediatly asked if he could remote connect to my PC (Is that normal??). I felt uneasy letting some stranger into my computer and said I would rather not if there was another option. It seemed fine and I explained the situation.

First he wanted to just do a Quick Fix solution by giving me a download link to the version I wanted. I told him I would rather we fix the actual problem so I wont have to contact support everytime I need to install a previous version. The screenshot attached is what he then sent to me. He must have assumed I was stupid and would just accept what he said. Instead I just googled it and it seemed what he was talking about didn't apply to me. (I have a desktop, running on Intel i7). And how would he know anyways? all he knew at this point was that I had windows 10.

He then proceeded to ask me to give him what seems to be completely irrelevant information. He asked for my OS, Graphics Card and RAM?? Well I gave him all of that. While waiting on him I preemptively checked which CC version I had and did a search for an update. Turns out it was THAT easy! Somehow my CC app had not updated automatically and stupid me hadn't checked that. So I got it all working and after the update the option I was missing was there. I let him know that I fixed it. 

I waited on him to end the chat or say something like "oh good" or whatever. I just wanted to see if there would be the option to give feedback after the chat was ended because I would definetly do that. But he just simply never replied with anything. Didn't close the chat or say anything. IF there is a feedback option he was probably using the technique to wait me out until I closed it so he wouldn't get bad feedback. 

Don't know for sure. But man was that the worst customer service agent I've ever had the displeasure of wasting my time with. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea Daniel, I had a similar issue and experience when i had a problem witha ad-on on my website (How to geet rid of bed bugs). I had to give. They really need tto do something about this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. it is normal for adobe support to request a remote connect.  that way they don't have to rely on you for correct information (see 2.)

2. nothing in your ss shows he lied.  if support didn't connect via remote, they could only surmise your cpu from the info you supplied and that's not shown (garbage in, garbage out).  or maybe you supplied 100% accurate info and he just made an error and confused your chat with one of the other simultaneous chats he was engaged in.

3. the requested info is not irrelevant.  ai (like all other adobe programs has minimum system requirements, Adobe Illustrator system requirements

4. congrats on fixing your own problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Ok, good to hear that remote connect is not out of the ordinary. 

2. He did lie. The only information he had previously asked for was my OS: Windows 10. That's all the information he had. (off course I could prove it to you by showing the whole conversation, but I am not sure if that is allowed and I am mainly concerned that staff who can probably access the whole chat will see this and take some action).

If you look at his message he states "since you are having Arm based processor, the other version option will not be available". That is a statement of a fact he did not know, had no reason to think, and was wrong about. So why would he say that? The rest of his message also shows that he had not confused me with another customer. He relates the fact that I have an Arm processor to the reason the option I needed help with didn't show up.

3. How is my graphic graphic card and RAM relevant to a missing option to install previous versions in the adobe app? He knew I had the latest version already installed. 

4. Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2.  like i said maybe he made an error.  it happens.

3.  read the link 

4.  you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines