• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

macOS Catalina 10.15.5: Illustrator 24.2 crashes (unexpected quit) during launch

Participant ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I found a post about deleting a Wacom framework file, which is not present on my computer.)

Illustrator 2020, in any version, has never worked for me. I had to reinstall the 2019 version to get access to my .ai files. Even now with the 24.2 update, it still unexpectedly quits during launch. I see the splash screen for a bit, then wham-o; it quits. I've been told that this update or that will fix the problem, but nope. I've deleted my user/library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator 24 directory, and that doesn't help.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Wild guess: do you have an Extensis plug-in installed? The crash log indicates it is crashing in a plug-in. If you have any third-party plug-ins installed, try removing them. If that works, the problem is likely with the plug-in. E.g. you might need to get an update to the plug-in specially for 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wild guess: do you have an Extensis plug-in installed? The crash log indicates it is crashing in a plug-in. If you have any third-party plug-ins installed, try removing them. If that works, the problem is likely with the plug-in. E.g. you might need to get an update to the plug-in specially for 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is correct. Even though Extensis Suitcase Fusion is the latest version, the plugin was not. I removed the installed plugin, then reinstalled it from the Suitcase Fusion app, and now it works correctly.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines