• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major glitch with memory it seems

Participant ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version regularly updated on Imac fairly new. And it worked just fine untile like couple days ago it started to glitch very bad. Seems like something is wrong with clipboard memory buffer maybe. I have documents with various objects, not too complicated, and at some point Illustator seems to have gone mad and it keeps pasting garbled text blocks incessantly. Before it happened once in a while when I copied something, as a side thing. Now it became a main meal thing. I copy something and do nothing and boom, seconds later it pastes in work area a block of garbled text of various volume, from just one word to like a pageful of garble. Very annoying and complicated work process considerably.

With the bestestest wishes! )
TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

I would still assume that something else is interfering with your clipboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Friends, greetings!

Turned out it was a Punto Switcher, automatic translator, that caused the problem, if I turn it off, all is well!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it does not let you work basically, because it keeps pasting stuff and does not let you even select an object! Or when it does, it's not for long!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you regularly reboot the computer?

Did you already reset the preferences?

What else is running on the computer? In the background? Antivirus, automation, screen recording? Clipboard enhancement?

Is that text something you copied?

What didyouinstall before this happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monica!

I do not reboot it until something like this happen) I did not reset preferences, I remeber this trick from way early 2000 on ancient Macs ) Strange that it still is thу way to deal with problems ))) No new programs were installed, no automation or screen recording, though thinking though. What I copy is irrelevant, it is someties text, sometimes shapes, it still gets into this frenzy.  Rebooting did not help (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for calling you Monica! ))) Of course I meant Monika! )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings from non-democratic Russia! ))) Seems like we have more problems than just with democracy and human rights! Now it's Illustrator too ( Solution that I though was found yesterday has dissolved in the most mendacious manner ( Everything worked fine for over a day with that SVG format ticked off, and suddently it started to glitch again (( I checked and yes, SVG is not marked but it started to misbehave again ( Every time I select any object in work area it starts to past gibberish again ( What a sad world we live in (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would still assume that something else is interfering with your clipboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder why this demon is targeting Illustrator clipboard only...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator artwork might be slightly more complex than just some pixels.

If you want to get this to the eyes of the developers, then I would suggest posting over there:  http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point, indeed, with simple shapes the problem was not present, but as soon as there is a more comples shape with masks or grouped, it is quick to come....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to post there but some bugs did not let me finish it )))))) It just hangs in there after I put all info and click Post button ))) vicious circle!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yura,

Sorry to hear about this. In addition to concerns raised by Monika, please try suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) & see if they help to improve the performance of the app.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ashutosh!

Thanks for your feedback! Resetting the preferences did help at the end, it was not obvious though, because it still glitched some, but way less than before! Thanks everyone, even alleviation, if not full solution, is like a bottle of ice-cold Pepsi in the middle of Sahara desert! )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, I have 2 simple shapes on a page, I command-click each one of them to select both of them and immeadiately they got deselected and I get a long patch of text box full of gibberish. Very frustrating, and hard to work, doing very basic things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post screenshots of the gibberish?

Also: if things immediately get deselected: what kind of pointing device do you use? This is not normal.

Can you try and deselect the "SVG" option in Preferences > Clipboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SVG option did the trick! Thanks Monika again! )) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now I have a problem, that I cannot screen shot the gibberish, because it is gone )))))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like with time very quickly it returns to be a regular issue. The thing is that I have always had it! Even years ago, in my work on a different Mac I had this isssue once in a while, I even wrote about it here last year I think. I work with illustrator for like 15 years, and only recent years this became an issue, this sporadic pasting of gibberish. Hard to tell what provokes it. I am using the latest OSX on iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) Graphics Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, not many programs are installed, mainly Adobe Suite, very little extra software, everything else runs just fine, I do some video editing, and Photoshop runs no problem. So far it is only Illustrator that has this glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Monika! Sorry I just noticed all parts of your question ))) My pointer is a regular select tool! Now it is still doing it, but pattern has changed. Sometimes I deselect something, not even text this time, but placed graphics, and with some delay , I hear this beep and check and see, and it pastes a little garbled piece of text somewhere in the center. Good thing that I have sound notifications to alert, otherwise I can just overlook these garbles, and you know, if you prepare files to print, now I am worried that those sporadic grables will past somewhere, and next time you buy something in a store you will see weird garbled texts on your packages )))))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is a fresh screen shot, fresh garble, poppoed up right after I deselected one text block. On a left side of a package, at the bottom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And SVG is still turned off?

There aren't any plugins?

And you really don't use any clipboard enhancement in your system? Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes sir, I mean Ma'am! SVG is off. I do not use any plugins at all. Clipboard enhancements sound exciting! Maybe it's time to look at them closer, especially if they fix glitches like this one  ))) Are they OS enhancements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep away from clipboard enhancement. Most of the time they are the cause of enormous grieve and exactly the situation you are in.

Unfortunately they are built into several system extensions and can be active without you realizing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I at least look at the profiles and see what settings I can change? Is it Big Sur innovations maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try and check if Apple has tried to make anything better. I don't have that system yet, so I don't know what they came up with that might interfere here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines