• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major glitch with memory it seems

Participant ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version regularly updated on Imac fairly new. And it worked just fine untile like couple days ago it started to glitch very bad. Seems like something is wrong with clipboard memory buffer maybe. I have documents with various objects, not too complicated, and at some point Illustator seems to have gone mad and it keeps pasting garbled text blocks incessantly. Before it happened once in a while when I copied something, as a side thing. Now it became a main meal thing. I copy something and do nothing and boom, seconds later it pastes in work area a block of garbled text of various volume, from just one word to like a pageful of garble. Very annoying and complicated work process considerably.

With the bestestest wishes! )
TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

I would still assume that something else is interfering with your clipboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Friends, greetings!

Turned out it was a Punto Switcher, automatic translator, that caused the problem, if I turn it off, all is well!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I looked at the garbles themslevses - they seem to be a copy of text but with changed symbols. I use cyrillic - Russian language fonts, and it garbles there seems to be the same number of symbols and lines like in text object that I clicked on before. They are just changed to unicode or something... So now it is only with text blocks, this glitch. Cannot click 2 text blocks simultaneously, or just click one text block without consequences, like, half a second delay and boom, garble is born! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance that you can track everything your system is doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only think of Activity Monitor, I am the only one managing Macs in company, I do not think someone put monitoring software. I have a screen capture software I use to record broadcasts, I doubt it works without me lauching it, I will check though. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updates!

Just today I noticed that when Punto switcher(automatic language switch software) is off, the glitch is gone! So it must a a conflict of Punto with Illustrator keyboards of some sort...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Friends, greetings!

Turned out it was a Punto Switcher, automatic translator, that caused the problem, if I turn it off, all is well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines