• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Artboard Name And Number Visible

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to make the artboard name & number label visible while not on the artboard tool?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Please make a feature request.

http://illustrator.uservoice.com

If enough people want it as well, then there's a chance that the engineers do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might like using the Artboards panel, accessed under the Window menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Barabara. I use it all the time, although I would like the individual artboards to be identifiable at a glance. Affinity Designer has this feature as a default. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make a feature request.

http://illustrator.uservoice.com

If enough people want it as well, then there's a chance that the engineers do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure that Adobe engineers could easily add that feature.

In the meantime, take a look at these posts that discuss scripts.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/script-to-put-artboard-names-in-text-boxes/m-p/5605621

https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/121363/is-there-a-way-in-adobe-illustrator-to-add-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Barabara. I'm a designer. I leave everything beyond HTML5 and CSS to professional coders. It's frustrating that a $50 software like Affinity Designer gets this basic function right while Adobe keeps neglecting the fact that it's software suite is the industry standard for working professionals. Affinity Designer also allows you to click and drag the artboards around the canvas without using the artboard tool. See screenshotDESIGNER SCREENSHOT.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Affinity Designer also allows you to click and drag the artboards around the canvas without using the artboard tool."

It would be far more important if Affinity Designer could get some decent shapebuilding functionality. But you can't have everything obviously ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. The lack of a shape-builder is Designer's fatal flaw in being a serious competitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is telling me that my post has two correct answers. Which are they, because I still don't have a conclusive answer to my question? It seems simple enough, on an Adobe forum, that a certified Adobe admin could easily answer this question, Instead, product end-users like myself are left to conjecture among each other. The question is simple: Is there a way to show the artboard title tag (whatever it's called) at all times without having to click on the artboard tool to see them? Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answers say that there isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answers, from another user, say that I should make a feature request and that the engineers could easily do it. Neither says that the feature doesn't exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answers heavily imply that there isn't, if you want to be pedantic.

Did you check the scripting thread to see if anything there would be of use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doug,
Requesting a conclusive answer to a simple question, on a supplier forum, is not pedantic. I'm a designer—not a coder—nor am I interested in sarcasm when I'm trying to solve a problem. Please bear that in mind before offering useless information and making this all about yourself on a help forum. Your unhelpful attitude is especially inappropriate, if you are an Adobe professional, as your title "implies."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My apologies, but I am unsure how the earlier posts left you unsure as to whether or not this feature exists.

Have you made a feature request we could vote on or read the scripting thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines