• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Illustrator remember where you last exported to.

Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a Wikipedian and have a simple workflow, place png logo, vectorise, save "ai" file, then export as SVG. I've noticed that, despite the AI file automatically opening the last folder I save a file to, which is what I want, when I do that with the "export as" for SVG, it goes by default to my download folder. Is there any way I can make it go to the last folder I saved to?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Record an Action to export as SVG, when you play it, it will save all files to the folder you used when the action was recorded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the earlier response correct. You may also share your solution if you did something else to resolve the problem. This will help other users with the similar situation.
If you still have issues, I'd recommend checking out help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/automation-actions.html to know how to record an action.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines