• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Map Guide, Then Disappears: Why?

New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making a map: when I make a map guide over an image, it disappears (the border is so faint, center point and 45 degree cross marks invisible.  How to make a guide more visible over a jpeg so I can position it?  Thanks.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain how you are making these guides? Are you talking about the guides within Illustrator itself? Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but you can bring the jpg in an a template, which will bring it in at a lower opacity and locked (you can control the template settings). You can also change the guide colors to something that may work better and have more contrast against what you are working with. But again, perhaps I am misunderstanding and you could perhaps post an image so I could better see the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your interest. I'm a newbie...

1) Import a jpg (a map) onto artboard...will be tracing only part of it to make my map.

2) Select rectangle box tool (far left) and place over jpg, right click to set size/lock at 5x7 (the finished size of my map). Now it's a white rectangle on top of original jpg. 

3) I go to View / Guides / Make Guides (selected): my guide goes transparent over original art. So much so that I cannot see the center of the now transparent 5x7 to properly position it. I can barely see the blue border of the now-transparent guide. But can't "grab" the guide to reposition...

Hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly. When you draw the rectangle over the map and have it selected and go to View> Guides>Make Guides it should turn the rectangle into a guide. Depending, that guide may or maynot be locked - you can unlock it under that same View>Guides menu. That would explain why you can't grab it. It is lighter in color, generally, when unselected that when selected.

If you can barely see it, you might want to change the color if that isn't working well over the particular jpg under the Preferences>Guides and Grids.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Unlocking the guide revealed the "center dot" and a stronger border to the box, making it easy to see and move.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines