• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make shades and tints with action

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm willing to make shades and tints for any color I have by Actions. I've gone through it, but I cannot select the shapes I want to apply blend to them. Here are my steps:
1. I draw a square with a color
2. I press the record button
3. I duplicate that square and change its color to black, and place it somewhere near the first one.
4. I should SELECT BOTH SHAPES - the original and the black squares. (Here is the problematic step)

5. Blend option for 10 steps

6. Make blend

As I mentioned, I can not make an action step to select both shapes (the original square and the black one) in order to blend them. How can I do it?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

You can label both objects with the same note (see Attributes palette) and select them with the corresponding command in the Actions palette flyout menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Add a Note of your choice to objects you want to select

attibutesNote.PNG

Start recording your action, when you're ready to select an item, click on the Actions menu and pcik Selecte Object...

attibutesNote2.PNG

type the note you want to target

attibutesNote3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can label both objects with the same note (see Attributes palette) and select them with the corresponding command in the Actions palette flyout menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't quite catch what you said. Could you please enlarge on it or provide me a video or link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a Note of your choice to objects you want to select

attibutesNote.PNG

Start recording your action, when you're ready to select an item, click on the Actions menu and pcik Selecte Object...

attibutesNote2.PNG

type the note you want to target

attibutesNote3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. However there's a subtle error in this method.
The name I assign for shapes (in your example SelectMe) are practical only for that scenario, so the action won't be universal for any other shapes. Obviously, in a new document, the action will look for the objects with the note "SelectMe" and nothing would be found.
Edited: The key is to assign a note automatically via Actions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

of course, I just showed you how to do Kurt's suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines