• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making a file ?

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have absolutely no experience with AI (just to set the stage). I have a small sign (2" x 2") that I want to have converted to a label and metal photo on to aluminum. I found a place that can do it if I provide the "artwork" but they want a file from AI. Would it be as simple as scanning the sign on my desktop scanner and uploading to AI and saving it as a file, or is there more to it?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm guessing they want an Illustrator file so that it's a vector graphic. You should ask them. If that's the case, then you'll either need to use Image Trace to convert the scan to vectors (which may or may not yield the result you want), or you'll need to recreate it as a vector graphic manually. Once you find out if you need vectors, post an image to the forum and we can help you from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines