Highlighted

Making background transparent or changing its color; changing fill

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took a snip of my company logo from the facebook page and then converted it to .svgz in Illustrator.  The logo is solid black and the background is white and there's a black rectangular border outline around the whole thing.

logo_snip.PNG

1.  How do I remove the border outline?  I think it's an "artboard" but I don't know how that happened exactly.

2.  How can I change the backround color to transparent?  Eventually, I want to use this logo in a colored document and have the background of the logo be the background of the document.  Also, how can I chnage the background color to an rgb or RGB code in case I want to place it on a business card or something?

3.  How can I change the black fill to an rgb or RGB color code?

Thank you!

Topics

Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Making background transparent or changing its color; changing fill

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took a snip of my company logo from the facebook page and then converted it to .svgz in Illustrator.  The logo is solid black and the background is white and there's a black rectangular border outline around the whole thing.

logo_snip.PNG

1.  How do I remove the border outline?  I think it's an "artboard" but I don't know how that happened exactly.

2.  How can I change the backround color to transparent?  Eventually, I want to use this logo in a colored document and have the background of the logo be the background of the document.  Also, how can I chnage the background color to an rgb or RGB code in case I want to place it on a business card or something?

3.  How can I change the black fill to an rgb or RGB color code?

Thank you!

Topics

Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should really be using a vector version of this which should be available from somewhere in your company's orgizational structure. Marketing or design departments are a good place to start.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
RINter LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't .svgz a vector version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines