Making ready design for cnc laser cutting

May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I am a photographer, and I was aiming to make some gobos for my lighting snoot from ready jpg/png raster designs that I converted to vectors using adobe illustrator, which I succeeded by following instructions from many videos on youtube, however, when I delivered the ai files to the engineer operating the cnc machine, he told me that all the lines were cut, and he had to re-draw them to join them so they would be suitable for the cnc machine software .. I hope someone would explain what this means to me and how to do that in illustrator plz .. I'll attach 4 jpg designs, and I'll post a link to their vectorized shapes as attachments here does not support ai files.
Vector shapes: https://gofile.io/d/rtvuML

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Making ready design for cnc laser cutting

May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I am a photographer, and I was aiming to make some gobos for my lighting snoot from ready jpg/png raster designs that I converted to vectors using adobe illustrator, which I succeeded by following instructions from many videos on youtube, however, when I delivered the ai files to the engineer operating the cnc machine, he told me that all the lines were cut, and he had to re-draw them to join them so they would be suitable for the cnc machine software .. I hope someone would explain what this means to me and how to do that in illustrator plz .. I'll attach 4 jpg designs, and I'll post a link to their vectorized shapes as attachments here does not support ai files.
Vector shapes: https://gofile.io/d/rtvuML

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 13, 2020 0
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure why he would have needed to redraw them. Probably re-organizing the Illustrator file would have been sufficient.

But that depends on the exact file specifications that he handed you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you have checked the attached files for any potential issues?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0
Resources